The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Barnwell offers an Adult Day Healthcare program. The ADHC provides a place where adults requiring supervision can spend the day and have the opportunity to socialize with others while receiving medical care as needed. The program allows individuals to live at home and enjoy a social network that can eliminate isolation. Our goal is to enhance each members’ well-being as well as reduce the pressure that family, friends, and/or caregivers may experience in managing an individual’s needs. We promote independence and empower each member to live a long and healthy life, while promoting social, physical, and emotional well-being.
Who We Serve:
Frail elders, seniors with medical needs, and disabled adults
What We Provide:
• Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
• Nursing and medical care
• Comprehensive case management
• Nutritional and dietary counseling
• Social Work counseling
• Beautician and Barber services
• Music therapy
• Art therapy
• Discussion and exercise groups
• Supervised activities such as games and live music
• Community outings to stores, parks etc.
• Podiatry services
• Psychological services
• Religious services
• Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks served daily
• Personal care including assistance with bathing, toileting,
• Door to door transportation to and from program
• Alzheimer’s and dementia care
We have a staff made up of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, NYS certified nurse aides, social workers,
nutritionists, podiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists.